Enlarging Drawings

ENLARGING DRAWINGS

'Land and See' - Week 2


After returning from our visit to Uphill and the Sea front we began to enlarge our drawings, using different mediums such as chalk, charcoal, ink and graphite - whilst remaining monochrome. 

John Constable, Rainstorm over the Sea.

Emma Stibbon, Iceland watercolour.
I studied the work of John Constable and Emma Stibbon. I found I was particularly interested in Constable's use of dynamic brush strokes to create his skies, which give the impression of movement and energy. I also looked at the work of Emma Stibbon, an artist who creates monochrome drawings, paintings and prints in response to the environment and I explored the way that she uses tone and marks to relay information.

Whilst enlarging my drawings I explored a similar composition as that used by constable, with a small foreground and large dramatic sky. I also explored the monochrome and tonality of Stibbon's work. This exploration lead to me creating a series of black and white images with varied tone and composition.




My work - Uphill and Knightstone Island

Comments