Adornment - part 1

ADORNMENT - PART 1

Fashion and Textiles - Week 1

The title for the Fashion and Textiles unit is 'Adornment'.

To begin the project we were given an Artists name and an architecture movement, which we then had to incorporate into our textile designs. I was given the artist Christopher Wool who creates large mainly monochrome prints, with brightly coloured painterly details. My architecture movement is Art Deco and I looked at incorporating the repetitive and geometric designs that are often found within this moment. 
First samples

I began the project by creating a mood board, comprising of a selection of Christopher Wool's work and Art Deco inspired architecture and patterns. I began by focusing on colour and shape, looking at the repetitive patterns of Art Deco, and the mainly monochrome palette with large strokes of bright yellow from the work of Christopher wool. 
Beginning a mood board

I created a range of samples using print, painting and drawing - which I have added into my mood board. I am enjoying exploring different methods and surfaces within this course, exploring the nature of fabric and paper as well as screen printing. 

Comments